The new PHP on Heroku now Generally Available
Posted by Craig Kerstiens
Today we’re announcing the general availability of the new PHP support on Heroku. The key features, in case you missed them when we outlined them in the beta announcement, include:
- New modern runtimes in HipHop VM
- Packaging and first class frameworks
- Heroku XL support for large scale enterprise apps
We’re very happy to make this generally available for all users. Since our public beta weeks ago we’ve seen a variety of users trying many of these modern frameworks such as Laravel and Symfony, as well as work towards improving the development experience by running our own buildpack locally.
In addition to all of the above which was available at the public beta, we’ve improved our PHP support to deliver items we’ve heard from you as important:
- Updates to support the latest PHP and HHVM versions including PHP 5.5.14 and 5.6.0RC2;
- Improvements to web server setups;
- New documentation on session management and file uploads to help ensure your application is production ready.
We look forward to seeing what you build with our new PHP support. Have a look at the PHP category on Heroku Dev Center and learn how easy it is to get started!