Heroku at RailsConf in Baltimore
Posted by Ben
Baltimore, Here We Come!
Next week is RailsConf in Baltimore, and Heroku is coming out in force. There will be about a dozen of us attending sessions, manning our booth, and chatting with Rubyists, so definitely keep an eye out for us!
To make it a bit easier, here’s a quick summary of when and where we’ll be:
Monday, May 16th
- At 6pm, Ben Scofield will be part of the second annual Ignite RailsConf. He’s giving a five-minute talk on How To Be Awesome (From a Counter-Example).
Tuesday, May 17th
- The Expo Hall opens up Tuesday morning, so you’ll be able to visit the Heroku booth to find us, talk about deployment, and grab some swag. We’ll be around from 10-11:15, 12:35-2:15, and 3:25-4:55 (basically, whenever the Hall is open). We’ll also be giving mini-talks during each session – on RabbitMQ, Procfile and Foreman, database tracking and forking, and more.
- The Add-ons team will be available all day to meet with add-on providers — both current and prospective. If you’ve been thinking about joining the Provider Program, be sure to grab one of their easily-identifiable green shirts and have a chat.
Wednesday, May 18th
- We’ll be back in the Expo Hall on Wednesday, for all the same hours (10-11:15, 12:35-2:15, and 3:25-4:55). Look for more swag, more minitalks, and more great conversation.
- At 2:50pm, Ben Scofield will be presenting The Wonderful World of Heroku: 2011 Edition. He’ll be reviewing the biggest developments in the platform over the past year, and will leave plenty of time to answer your burning questions.
- At 4:25pm, Ryan Smith will give a talk called Solving Performance Problems with Horizontal Scale (The Worker Pattern). Ryan is the author of Queue Classic and lives and breathes background queues, so don’t miss this one!
Thursday, May 19th
- The Expo Hall is closed on Thursday, but we’ll still be around — just look for us in sessions and in the halls, and we’ll be happy to chat.